Cloud vs. On-Premises
Laserfiche Cloud vs. Laserfiche Rio (On-Premises), which one is right for you? Laserfiche provides a robust suite of features for all deployment options, but it is important to understand the different advantages each offer.
Laserfiche Cloud is a scalable SaaS solution hosted by Amazon Web Services with packaged support, updates, and disaster recovery services which removes all the concerns of hosting a solution from your organization.
Laserfiche Cloud is a great option for your organization if you don’t have your own IT infrastructure for hosting an on-premises system, or you don’t want to add more maintenance tasks to your current IT team. Plus, it’s low up-front costs can help you get started using your current budget.
This list is current as of Laserfiche Cloud release 2020.3
Laserfiche Cloud is web-based, so it does not require servers and includes storage
- Updates are automatically applied during scheduled windows, saving your IT team time, and guaranteeing the latest features
- Back-up and disaster recovery services are managed by AWS
- Laserfiche Cloud exclusive features include Direct File Sharing, Smart Invoice Capture, and Laserfiche Vault
- Laserfiche Cloud features direct out of the box integrations with Salesforce, Microsoft Dynamics 365, Ellucian Banner, and RedTail.
- Laserfiche Cloud includes integration with Microsoft 365 for online document editing and co-authoring
- Low upfront cost avoids the need for a capital expenditure
- Multiple repositories are not yet supported on Laserfiche Cloud
- Workflow actions such as Search, Assign Rights, Find User/Group/Manager are currently not supported on Laserfiche Cloud
- Laserfiche Cloud does not support the use of server-side scripts, but allows for local scripts to be run through a remote agent
Laserfiche Avante, Rio, and Subscription
Laserfiche offers different On-premises options and supports perpetual and subscription licensing, as well as a mix of both. These options allow total control over system architecture and deployment while still providing flexibility for your budget.
An on-premises Laserfiche deployment, like Laserfiche Rio, may be right for your organization if you need greater control over your system’s architecture, or would if you would like to deploy multiple environments. Hosting your system on-premises is also a great choice if you deal with low internet speeds or unreliable connectivity.
- On-premises Laserfiche deployments provide total control over your system architecture and support multiple environments
- Greater licensing flexibility with both perpetual and subscription options
- No internet access required for in-network access
- Larger upfront cost for perpetual licensing
- Requires servers, storage, and other hardware
- Updates must be applied manually
- IT support for backups and system management
Different Deployment, Same Great Laserfiche
Regardless of which deployment option you choose, you can be confident in Laserfiche software and support. All Laserfiche deployments offer:
- DoD 5015.2 Certified Records Management
- Nearly 100 pre-built eforms and process templates
- Remote and mobile access options
- Flexible license options, from portals to participant licenses
- Hassle-free integration with Laserfiche Connector
- And so much more!
This limited-time offer includes up to 1,000 Full Users, 100 GB Storage, a Public Portal to publish public documents for those outside of your company, and a Forms Portal to automate forms for internal and external submission.
About Accelerated Information Systems
Accelerated Information Systems (AIS) is an award-winning professional services firm focused on solving business challenges with software solutions. AIS provides expert guidance, utilizing industry expertise and a strong technical skill set to design, implement, and support enterprise solutions.
AIS provides a full suite of professional services including consulting, solution design, implementation, technical support, data conversion, system integration, training, and project management.
Clients of AIS include State and Local Government, Colleges and Universities, Financial Services (Wealth Management, Investment Advisors, Broker-Dealers), Manufacturers, Not-for-Profit Organizations, TV and Media, and Multi-National Non-Governmental Organizations.
Founded in 2005, AIS is headquartered in New York and is also certified in multiple other states as a Minority Business Enterprise (MBE) and a Disadvantaged Business Enterprise (DBE). In addition to their status as a Platinum Certified Laserfiche Solution Provider and the 2019 Laserfiche Cloud Solution Provider of the Year, AIS is a Microsoft Cloud Silver Certified Partner.